Wednesday, February 22, 2012


I have spent time last week with a very nice person, and I just want to share it with you. I met her at the church I attend every Tuesday. She is a 36 year-old, a divorced woman. The first time I saw her, she was praying. She called my attention because I had the impression that she was suffering a tortuous pain inside of her, but I was wrong. After she was done with her praying, I asked her whether she was okay. She smiled to me. I got surprised about her shift in mood. I felt chilling when she stared me for a while. She started telling me many things at once. I listened to her first until I realized about her skin rashes and red spots on her neck and head. She told me that she was sick with an advanced stage of HIV. While talking with her, I noticed that she was exhausted, and she also had some problems of muscle coordination when she wanted to be closer to me. After a while, she asked me to tell her something about me and what I am doing for a living, and I told her that I was just beginning my Spring semester at the university. I invited her to talk outside of the church and she accepted. We decided to take a short walk for five minutes and walk together around the forest that is close to the church. It was a bright day, but with high humidity. The sun was in its full plenitude and the birds were chirping all the time. While walking, I remember the heavy smell of the green leaves from the tall trees. We could not take a seat close to the trees because the sunlight filtering through the trees, so we took a seat close to a beautiful blue but small water fountain of many colors, we bought an ice-cream for each other and decided to continue our conversation for a while. It was a very interesting and rewarding experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment